No sew glasses case


 
Run out of rivets? Too hot to sew? Then this week's blog is just for you! A no sew glasses case - which could be enlarged to make a clutch bag or adapted to make a mobile phone case.







This is the pattern which fits on an A4 sheet of paper. If you have any problems with the image
then contact me and I can send you a PDF.



 









All you need for this project is a craft knife and a hole punch. I have used a clickers knife with a curved blade as it is great for cutting tight corners but a sharp ordinary craft knife will do - but be careful not to cut your fingers!

I have chosen a black chrome tanned buffalo leather. As you will find out later you need to use a soft leather so that it is easier to pull through the holes.

To make the oval shaped slots I have used my largest hole punch and punch two holes then used a craft knife to join them up.
























With the leather cut to shape and all the slots cut out it should look like this. 










Fold the bottom section up to the middle so that the case is inside out.













Fold the bottom flap and push it through the corresponding slot.

Note I found it best to shut the door at this point so that the neighbours couldn't hear my swearing. You might wish to do the same.






Now repeat with all the remaining flaps.













Turn the case right side out and fold the tab on the cross strap and push it through from the
outside. I found a modelling spoon helpful at this point but you could use the handle of a teaspoon.

Repeat with the tab on the other end.






The finished item.

By rescaling the pattern you can make any number of small pouches, cases and even a clutch bag.

Many thanks to Paul for suggesting this project.



















Comments

  1. I most certainly will close my door ... Love the idea of 2 small circles becoming an oval - thanks for the tip Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have fun with this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Painted leather leaf

Bits and pieces

Dragon Eyes